• Perform review and investigation of alerts generated from the Bank’s Transaction Monitoring and Sanctions systems;
• Escalation of SARS identified from Transaction Monitoring for potential external reporting;
• Escalation of Potential Sanction true match alerts as required;
• Maintain an awareness of the Bank’s policies and procedures in respect of AML, Sanctions, Fraud and Bribery matters so that knowledge can be applied to alert investigations;
• Ensure that own continuous training and development is maintained in order to discharge responsibilities;
• Support the MLRO in preparing regular Management Information reports to the Compliance Officer, Governance and Compliance Committee and other ad hoc reports as required;
• Provide assistance to the FCP Team and MLRO as required.
The post holder will be required to work alongside the FCP Team.
The post holder will be required to ensure detailed and accurate audit trails are maintained in all cases starting from the initial alert review to full completion.
The post holder will be required to communicate the status of alert investigations to relevant internal and external parties, as required and follow up with Relationship Managers in a timely, effective and professional manner.
• Minimum 2 years AML experience in conducting AML monitoring activities for medium to large corporate and financial institutions;
• AML related certification preferred;
• Good understanding of the following: AML Regulations, JMLSG guidance, FCA regulation, Sanctions, FATCA and DPA;
• Proven appropriate experience in a similar banking operation is essential;