My client is one of the largest banking organisations in the world. They are looking to expand their London operation with the employment of a Financial Crime Prevention Officer.
- Maintaining an exceptional awareness of current Financial Crime regulations and legislation and ensuring that changes are reflected in the Bank’s policy and procedures;
- Acting as the supporting subject matter expert and point of contact for first line of defence functions on all financial crime matters (AML; CTF; ABC; Sanctions and Tax Evasion), including advising the business on how to interpret and implement ICBC London Financial Crime Policies and Procedures and submitting exceptions to policy to the second line Compliance and Legal Department;
- Assisting in conducting Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment and delivery of Compliance Monitoring Plan Reviews;
- Conducting Wholesale and Retail periodic and trigger event reviews escalated to the FCP Team for approval;
- Assisting the FCP Team in managing and advising upon Retail and Wholesale Banking CDD and financial crime related queries;
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly team and Financial Crime Risk Committee Papers and take precise minutes of agreed actions at relevant Committees;
- Undertaking departmental administration tasks such as completing and distribution of departmental logs (e.g. Gifts and Hospitality / PEPs / Sanctions, Watchlist and Adverse Media etc);
- Maintaining department risk trackers and proactively following up to ensure timely completion of action points;
- Assisting in financial crime horizon scanning, regulatory news and preparing internal financial crime updates and record keeping;
- Working closely with and supporting the MLRO and FCP Team Manager, including providing cover during temporary absences from the office;
- Maintaining and keeping up to date, regular Management Information as it pertains to the FCP Team;
- Ensuring that own continuous training and development is maintained;
- Supporting the MLRO in collation of MI for MLRO Reports and Head Office parent returns as necessary;
- Providing assistance to the FCP Team as required.
- The job holder reports to the MLRO (SMF17) and is accountable to him / her in respect of day to day issues relating to his / her responsibilities.
• Practical knowledge and experience of JMLSG, ML Regs 2017, POCA 2002, 4EUMLD, international sanctions;
• Excellent written and verbal skills;