Head of Credit Risk, London
- Job Reference: SCJ007661
- Date Posted: 30 November 2017
- Location: London
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Credit Analysis/ Risk
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Sean Carr
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0044 207 588 3322
Our client, a leading international Financial Institution, is now seeking a Head of Credit Risk UK and Europe for its London office. This is a senior risk position with responsibility for the UK and European Portfolio. The appointee will also become a member of the Branch Management Committee and Risk Governance Committee.
- To provide leadership and manage a team of credit professionals.
- Foster a strong risk culture throughout the London Branch.
- Manage a geographically dispersed customer portfolio.
- Exercise Personal Credit Authority.
- Oversee the credit portfolio and processes in the London Branch. Ensure the accuracy of risk ratings, compliance reviews and policy compliance.
- To pro-actively engage with business to foster strong links between lines 1 and 2.
- To ensure consistent application and understanding of the Banks risk appetite.
- To advise Head Office on country and regional issues.
- To maintain a close relationship with the UK regulatory authority.
- Should have extensive credit experience and have held an industry or geographic credit risk head position.
- Will have covered, and have an in-depth knowledge of, a variety of sectors. Knowledge of the Natural Resources sector, Infrastructure Financing and Asset Financing in the Aircraft/Rail or Shipping sectors is highly desirable.
- Will have experience of a wide range of banking products including commodities trading, foreign exchange, project finance, derivatives, structured asset finance and trade finance.
- Will be senior bankers with the ability to influence and motivate others, to provide leadership across the branch and to take on the responsibility of being both a problem solver and decision maker at a senior level.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established Bank as part of its Senior Management team and for taking responsibility for guiding the branch through the next stage of its development.
Please contact Sean Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)207 588 3322 if you wish to discuss this position.