Our client, is seeking to identify a dynamic and engaging individual to who has the skills set, experience and ambition to take on a highly demanding role as Head of Operational Risk Management with in this this City based Investment Banking entity. As the Head of Operational Risk Management you will be working closely with the Chief Risk Officer to raise the profile of Operational Risk and further enhance the adoption of industry best practice throughout the organisation.
Principal Duties Include:
• Maintaining and enhancing all aspects of the operational risk management framework for the identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of operational risk.
• Ensuring that the operational risk management framework is aligned to regulatory expectations and industry best practice and operates effectively.
• Undertaking second line of defence oversight of operational risk across the first and second line of defence functions, escalating risks and issues and proposing mitigations and solutions.
• Overseeing the development and production of appropriate management information to enable the monitoring and reporting of operational risk in the operating business and presenting this to relevant boards and committees.
• Experienced subject matter expert in the application of the three lines of defence model and operational risk management framework in a similar organisation.
• Broad capital markets product knowledge.
• Internal leadership and relationship management.
• Ability to balance risk management and commercial considerations.