My client is seeking to recruit an experienced Credit Analyst to join their team covering Project Finance transactions. This is a role with a major global City based financial institution, a leading Project Finance bank
- Act as 2nd line of defence by formulating high-quality credit papers covering a wide spectrum of project finance transactions.
- Manage and monitor risks of an assigned portfolio by providing guidance to front office and portfolio colleagues to ensure a consistent approach is taken on credit procedures.
- Act as a credit expert across the business by collaborating with the products and coverage teams to facilitate positive outcomes for customers while remaining within the Bank’s risk appetite
- Undertake a detailed analysis, ensuring risks are identified, assessed and articulated to the extent that they are mitigated to an acceptable level, in line with relevant policies and the Bank’s risk appetite framework.
- Identify and monitor emerging risk trends within own portfolio - compiling, assessing and reporting them to management so that mitigation action plans can be discussed, agreed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Frequent dialogue and constructive challenge with front office deal teams to achieve the best outcome for the Bank, to safeguard the Bank against any unanticipated consequences and for the Bank to be a reliable partner for its customers.
- Set strategy for complex deals at structuring stage and giving early steer on credit appetite and structural issues for advising, leading and underwriting deals in different jurisdictions and sectors.
- During credit application, engage constructively with front office and other product teams in supporting / guiding their analysts in undertaking a thorough assessment of a broad range of credit, structural, financial, market, technical, legal and sovereign risk issues.
- Extensive experience of analysing project finance credits across multiple sectors.
- Strong numerical and financial skills with the ability to interpret complex and dynamic information from multiple sources.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of financial models and running sensitivities.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets products / derivatives / ISDA and other trading agreements.
- Strong people skills with the ability to interact, managing and nurturing stakeholder relationships at all levels of staff from junior to senior management level, building trust and commanding the respect of key stakeholders.
- Proven experience in independently solving problems and showing leadership during discussions and negotiations with front office.
- Experience in contributing to strategy and vision for the business, and assist in implementing change effectively, exemplifying a passion for excellence.