Trade Surveillance Compliance Officer - Ref 12784
Assist in developing and maintaining a risk-based trade surveillance programme, which addresses relevant regulatory and exchange requirements.
Key Job Functions:
- Surveillance analysis will be carried out on a daily/weekly/ad hoc basis as necessary using a variety of systems which are available to the surveillance team. Coverage will include:
- Trade surveillance for possible market abuse/market manipulation
- Assistance with audio and electronic communications surveillance
- Advisory aligned surveillance and adhoc investigations
- Proactive approach to systems enhancement and development;
- Be the main point of contact and subject matter expert for Forex and Swaps based surveillance matters, as well as assisting and undertaking Equities, Fixed Income and Listed Derivatives surveillance duties where necessary;
- Ensure that surveillance activities are undertaken according to agreed procedures and frameworks. Making sure escalation processes are followed and all issues are escalated and closed out in a timely manner.
- Work with the Head of Global Markets Surveillance to identify key areas or risk and ensure that Market Abuse functionality is properly aligned to the business.
- Prepare relevant trade information and supporting evidence to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) in the event of any suspicious trading activity identified through existing surveillance tasks;
- Assist in regulatory or internal investigations where necessary;
- Work with Compliance IT to support the development and implementation of new surveillance initiatives;
- Consider new or enhanced monitoring and surveillance activities that address the changing business structure and ensure that a robust approach is taken to mitigate business or regulatory risk.
Key Skills / Experience
Possess a good technical understanding of key trade surveillance systems, such as Actimize and SMARTS.broker;
Good understanding of the FCA handbook and in particular specific knowledge of the EU Market Abuse Regulations (MAR);
Strong Foreign Exchange and/or Swaps (IRS/CDS) product knowledge, with ideally previous surveillance, trading or operations experience.