My client is a well regarded multinational banking and financial services firm with offices across the globe. They are looking for a Senior Analyst for their transaction control team.
- To act as a subject matter expert for the first line of defence, within the three lines of defence model, protecting the Bank and its clients from Fraud, Sanctions, and Financial Crime risks in relation to all live transactions processed across the EMEA region
- To assist in and complete investigations and the collection of background information for CPD in relation to any transactional financial crime investigation as required.
- To escalate and formally report any transaction or client which appears to expose the Bank to any Sanction or Financial Crime risks to the second line for advice / guidance, submitting a SAR where necessary.
- Acting as the senior analyst in the team, investigate fraud and sanction alerts received by the section, ensuring that only false positives are processed in line with regulatory and internal policies. Either conduct their own investigation, or review the investigations of others concerning Trade Finance documentation and / or other customer payments, to ensure all financial crime risks have been mitigated. Where necessary items must be escalated to the Section Manager and / or second line, in a timely manner for further advice and guidance.
- Participate in the mentoring and act as a Buddy training new staff to the team, ensuring that they obtain a full understanding of the systems used as part of their role and the policies and procedures to be followed.
- Coordinate and Participate as directed, in the remediation of files or investigations identified as requiring additional work by the Compliance Monitoring Team, or Internal Audit, ensuring that the remediation is fully completed within the allowed timescale and any additional issues noted are escalated as soon as identified.
- Represent the department at meetings as a subject matter expert, with other operational areas, Front Office teams and the second line.
- Proactively contribute to improved Departmental performance, by identifying weaknesses / inefficiency in systems, workflow and processes, suggesting enhancements and quantify the efficiency gains, be that from a financial perspective or from a customer experience / security aspect..
- To participate as directed in any ongoing projects as and when required, including system testing
- Prepare MI for Bank committees (OGRC and Exco) highlighting the sections KRI’s
- The role requires a good understanding of the regulatory framework associated with Financial Crime / Sanctions / AML and to keep abreast of the changes to this.
- Previous experience of working within a financial crime investigations team in a financial institution is required
- This role requires the holder to have a good operational knowledge of the products that the department process on behalf of their clients
- Externally recognised qualifications in relation to Sanctions, Trade Based Money Laundering or AML are preferable. (e.g. ICA certificates)